Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Cannes ,VilleFranche, & Eze





In theory I love the blog idea. I also kinda like the old days where you really had to think about which photos to take. When I was a kid, we were blessed enough to travel all over the world. The funny thing is that I only had about 36 photos or maybe 72 at most for a six week trip. So, I find myself with more than 130 photos in my camera in just a week of traveling. Interesting. I also find that the ports around old Nice and most towns here on the French Riveria... I feel in my very, very, distant past...I have taken these photos before. But, I don't think I was here. Maybe it was Italy. Regardless, I find myself looking up at buildings or out at the sea and just kinda dreaming about life. I don't know if any of this makes sense and perhaps its simply too much time on public transportation, but I am daydreaming today. I will post some more photos soon. Took the train 25 minutes to Cannes. (We walked for 30 minutes to get to the train station.!) We learned again that if someone says that it is a 10 minute walk simply add about 20 to 30 minutes. Amy says that any time there is a "panaramic view" sign..it means...walk your butt off uphill. The mountains near the sea by Cannes at dusk were my favorite part of the day. Also, the lovely $40 bathroom. More later on that story. Be well.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

daydreaming in Cannes.....life is tough.....remember this in the middle of projects due in December!!! We all really need to take time to day dream!! enjoy!

Bernie said...

Thanks for blogging your trip. It's good to hear what you're up to. And, I like your "blog voice."