Thursday, June 19, 2008

je suis une voluntaire



Yes..that's right. I met a few people in the past few days who are racing in the Ironman Competition here on Sunday. So I will be at station 2 where the Marathon begins and ends with my orange "crew" shirt! Incroiable (Incredible.) I first heard about the race on the National Brain Tumor Foundation website because there is someone racing who is raising money for GBM research. I have since met three other particpant. Plus..I got to attend the volunteer meeting which was completely in French. Apparently, I was able to communicate enough to guarantee myself a spot. Now all I need to find out pre-race is how to point people in the direction of "le medic!" I am sure it will be fine. I slept a lot today and took the bus back into Nice. It is 45 min for the inexpensive bus...but I love the ocean views and of course my coffee and pain au chocolat along the way. My nickname seems to be le petit American...big suprise.
More funny stories to come. My next one will be about translating the news for a British guy regarding the state of his father after a heart attack. Basically, how do you translate that your father has a 50/50 chance of making it. I politely altered the phrase a little bit. (...And maybe I heard it wrong?) The last picture is of the terrace at the house. I did a bit of yoga today. Not too shabby-eh? I hope that Dominque and Gavan are enjoying Niwot equally as much.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

love the market.....and the water is so blue!!!!!!!
Thanks for the update...enjoy the race....and the apres race soiree
Jo