Tuesday, July 8, 2008

...And the Road goes by











I'm convinced now that the old cliche is true. 'Life is what happens when you aren't paying attention.' For the 2nd time, I set off for the Medieval village of St Paul de Vence. If Simone Debouvoir used to hang there...it had to be cool. My friends, listen to the guidebooks! This place was filled with overpriced bad art. But alas,...I kept searching for at least I would have pictures of the Foundation de Maeght which was built by Jose Sert. How Cool. Well...the camera did not charge properly. OK..so I had some lovely sketching time prior to setting out on the short 20 min walk to the Foundation. Well, why did they make this road so narrow? Why are the cars zipping by? Oh...this is the freeway in the middle of nowhere...apparently I had missed the signs to the Musee. Finally found it and it was a serene place with Giacametti's sculpture which reminded me once again of my Aunt Debbie. Perhaps that's why I was meant to come here. Even though she died so young...I can see the influences of these famous artist's in her work. So...once again determined to see it all, I took the bus and walked uphill again to the Renoir museum (all public museum closed on Tuesdays!) So I peaked in the gates to see where Renoir had lived the last few years of his life. The best part of my day...getting lost again in France and then heading to the beach and calling it quits. Pictures this entry are of moments during the last three weeks. Perhaps we miss because we are too busy doing life the way the way we think it needs to get done. C'est la vie. (Two more days 'til Paris:) Tomorrow...sit in a cafe, go to a market,..and try not to get too lost.

1 comment:

David Moore said...

Hi Tamarah
Wonder if that ceramic pattern has a catalan influence, it reminds me of Gaudi's Parque Guell in Barcelona, special dreamy travels, may you enjoy more.
cheers David