Thursday, July 3, 2008

Tired in France...poor me





When we got back from Barcelona Monday evening I thought I wanted to lay on the beach for a week! Two days was great and today we were back at checking out the sights. Turns out traveling is sometimes a bit tricky. I ended up taking Amy and I somewhat the wrong direction on the bus to this town which is actually only about 30 minutes from where we live! So..we didn't make it to St. Paul de Vence and instead we waited in the Eurorail line for reservations to Cinque Terre (even though we have a pass it is tough to get anywhere w/o paying extra for a reservation...you gotta love Europe) So..we kept going and eventually ended up at the Chagall Museum which was so beautiful and the his work reminds me so much of my grandparents home! Especially because if my Aunt Debbie and my Granny Annie's art work. I did not realize how prolific Chagall was. So..exhausted and loving everything...I am headed to bed. The Matisse Museum closed early...A guy on the bus told me to write to the Director of Culture in France. He was serious and ya'll know me...I may just write to the guy! Ah yes....off to Italy in the morning 'til Sunday night and I also made my sleeping reservation car for Paris July 10-13th...if I am still moving by then. I'll have to rest-up at the beach Monday the 7th, 8th and 9th....eek...how I am going to catch the tour de France. Ok..really going to bed now. Miss ya'll

No comments: